Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Have you entered my fiction contest yet?


Hey. You.

Yeah, you. You're clearly at a computer right now, so why aren't you writing? Too busy, you say? Bah humbug! You can knock out 500 words in no time flat if you put your mind to it. We've got one entry so far... you don't want him to be unopposed, do you?

And remember that 500 words is the maximum, so if you want to write a six-word story like Hemingway is supposed to have done, go for it.

You've got until next Thursday, July 16th, at midnight EST. Original contest post with rules HERE. Don't make me send the owl after you.

Need an extra incentive? Tomorrow I'll post pictures of the prizes.

5 comments:

  1. What a cool idea! And your flash fiction was really good. You have a fast-pace, easy-to-read voice that sort of just pulls you in. Kudos! If I get inspired, I'll write something up and submit it. but I have to get inspired first. :)

    Someting I do when I feel the creative juices are souring... I open up a word document and write first lines. That always gets me going. I think I'll blog about that soon. :) Maybe I might copy you and make a contest of my own...okay, I am so going to copy you, only instead of flash fiction, it will be a first line contest. I'll for sure give your blog a shout out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely enter a first line contest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh me too. First lines are easy, until you actually want to put something after it. Oh and, I didn't end up playing games yesterday... but I didn't write either.
    We went to Burbank and then to the Improv Lab for a comedy show. F*ing hilarious. My favorite guy was the one that told the crowd (except the row of three people he could see) to get naked and ribbed Emily for sitting on the floor for like six of his 8 minutes. The host guy though was pretty lame because he paused all the time (supposed to be funny pauses, but not really) and started off with how sad it was that MJ was gone (but not as a part of a joke).
    Except I was an hour late for work for oversleeping cause the husband was wrong about when we'd get home and the cats wanted their box cleaned when we did get home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, I just blogged about Hemingway's six-word story and what it would look like on eBay. Does that count as an entry? ;)

    http://jordanmccollum.com/2009/07/hemingway-alive-today/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw that post! Yeah, I think "For sale: baby shoes, never worn" definitely has a different vibe than "Baby shoes, cheap, New In Box."

    ReplyDelete