Friday, May 7, 2010

Mother's Day Thanks


Thank you to my daughter for taking a nap RIGHT NOW (and most days around this time) so I can blog, write, make calls, and maybe even rest myself.

Thank you to my husband for being on toddler-duty ALL LAST WEEKEND so I could spend 9 hours per day at the Muse & the Marketplace conference.

Thank you to my mom. You know when agents say, "we don't care if your mom likes your book, she's your MOM and has to like it?" Yeah. That's not my mom. My mom doesn't have to like anything she doesn't want to. She was a brutal critic of mine when I was growing up, which is why no authority figures (teachers, employers, etc.) have ever held any fear for me. BRING IT, rejection letters. My mom was giving me solid critiques on my writing when I was SIX.

Thank you to the other writer-moms on the internet who blog about it (Jody Hedlund and Sandy Raymond are just two of many who spring to mind) and struggle with the balance openly so that the rest of us don't feel so alone.

Thank you. And HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!


2 comments: