Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Ceci N'est Pas Une Syllabus

Click to enlarge.


With this kind of classroom guidance, how can we fail to improve our writing?


Have I mentioned how much I LOVE Grub Street classes, and Tim Horvath in particular? I'm having massive computer issues right now, but so far we've investigated
  • stories in other forms (such as lists, menus, indexes, and how-to articles);
  • the Q&A story (which may sometimes be missing the Q or A part); and
  • stream of consciousness
I'll post more when I can.

3 comments:

  1. Kudos for having a really creative instructor. I dig the idea of an antisyllabus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Tim is awesome. I first had him for Fiction 1 in May, and am now doing 10 Weeks 10 Stories. It's only Week 4, and it's grueling and I'm exhausted, but I'm having a great time.

    ReplyDelete