National Novel Writing Month. A month of collective insanity and literary exuberance during which time we try to remember:
- You can't edit a blank page.
- Don't get it right, get it written.
- Write so fast, your inner editor can't catch you.
And hey, this year they put off the daylight savings "fall back" until November 6, so NaNoWriMo 2011 is ONE FULL HOUR longer than usual! Use the time wisely, people.
You can find my NaNoWriMo profile here, if you're playing too, and want to be my "writing buddy." You can find my NaNo posts from last year by searching for the NaNoWriMo tag... and here are some of the more substantive ones that I plan to retweet over the course of the next month even if I get no other blogging done:
- Explaining NaNoWriMo
- My first NaNo, and answering some concerns
- NaNo Tool Kit: Shiny
- NaNo Tool Kit: Fortification
- Your NaNoWriMo Report Card
- Writing in the Absence of Inspiration
- Making NaNo Work For You
- Winning NaNo With Fewer Than 50K Words
- In Which I Tell Salon To Go %^@& Itself