The Vassar College library
I recently discovered an old stash of 3.5" floppy discs that contained some documents I thought were lost forever, after a massive hard drive crash in 2008. Among the other things on that disc, I found a "wishlist" of life goals... last updated on October 30, 1991, when I was barely two months into being a freshman. Today, I'm going to share some with you. The insightful and the banal, the unattainable and the incredibly outdated...
See what you get out of it. Thoughts are welcomed. (And please, please enter my contest!)
- 3. To be a published author.
- 6. To be thought of with respect.
- 10. To be a good parent.
- 12. To be a choreographer.
- 15. To own a Harley-Davidson.
17. To be a black-diamond skier.
- 24. To find a good hairstyle.
- 25. To read À la recherche du temps perdu (in French).
- 26. To know my limitations.
- 27. To be beautiful.
- 28. To be honest.
- 29. To stay in shape.
- 33. To laugh more.
- 34. To be able to do a Russian split.
- 36. To make my own decisions.
- 38. To own and use an IBM 486.
- 43. To have at least a Master's degree, and a second Bachelor's.
- 44. To be competent in a third language.
- 45. To travel.
- 46. To do an aerial.
- 47. To be quoteable.
- 50. To stay friends with old friends.
- 51. To decide what I believe in.
- 52. To take risks.
- 53. To make a lot of new friends.
- 54. To live a long, long time.