Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I think there's a pill for that...

There's a word for someone who never gives up writing.
And a special room.

Last night I had a dream that one of my queries was rejected via an agent's blog: she posted my name and the whole partial in the blog itself, with the problem section highlighted, which seemed a trifle unfair. And her complaint was that the characters left the city to have a particular conflict take place in an open field-like area, which she thought was clich
e, and I was torn between thinking, "that's why she gave up on the novel? hell, I can move the scene back to the city," and thinking "wait a minute, I never wrote anything about a field, did she splice my excerpt with another novel or what?" I was reading the blog and opening my original manuscript at the same time to check, and trying to figure out if disputing the issue and/or resubmitting would be remotely worthwhile...

It might be time for me to get out of the house a little more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment