Thursday, July 9, 2009

Pick your prize.

Okay, I promised photos. The winner of my flash fiction contest gets his or her choice of the above hand-made envelopes; I tried to pick a selection that would please a variety of personalities. Your choices are:

1) Baby, you can drive my car
2) Money, money, money
3) Waiting for Noah

Yes, I made the envelopes myself. Yes, you can still lick & stick 'em closed like a regular envelope. Yes, the winner will also receive a matching-size blank card enclosed inside the fancy envelope. Yes, the envelope and card will mail successfully with a standard first-class stamp. AND, the envelope and card will come attractively packaged, so you can give it to someone else as a gift if you like.

For those of you who might be new to my blog, this contest has a small tie-in to my novel -- the main character of my novel makes envelopes like these... only, you know, better, because she's a graphic artist and stationery designer. The novel is still at the "querying" stage, which means I'm hunting for a literary agent. Right now there are six agents currently in possession of requested partials or the full manuscript. Here's hoping someone gets back to me soon!

Okay, here's one more photo of the prize choices, and then get out of here. As Mur Lafferty says, you should be writing.


3 comments:

  1. I have an entry! Exactly 500 words. :P Am I an overachiever or what. Off to email it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where have I been to miss this? Mind if I post a notice at my blog? The prizes are lovely, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Angie! I would love it if you posted about it on your blog -- the contest is still on for another week.

    And thank you, Melody and Katie for today's contest entries!

    ReplyDelete