Saturday, October 30, 2010

It's the most wonderful time of the year...


That's right. I'm talking about National Novel Writing Month. A month of collective insanity and literary exuberance during which time we try to remember:
  • You can't edit a blank page.
  • Don't get it right, get it written.
  • Write so fast, your inner editor can't catch you.
You can find my NaNoWriMo profile here, if you're playing too, and want to be my "writing buddy." You can find my NaNo posts from last year by searching for the NaNoWriMo tag... and here are some of the more substantive ones that I plan to retweet over the course of the next month even if I get no other blogging done:
I'll be writing at the coffee shop across the street from Serious Girl's preschool every weekday morning next month. My record in one month is 30K words... let's see if I can top it. Let's see if YOU can top it.

ARE YOU IN?

5 comments:

  1. I'm in :D And on my Sept 30 post are some things to remember about NaNo. They will be posted with Peevish Penman in a more refined form after it all starts :) Mostly, everyone, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in as well!! Hooray for frantic writing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure I can... I'm in the middle of a project right now... but I've missed out on it the last two years, too.

    Darn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm ready--I think. Ideas are starting to come together. I believe we are still NaNo Buddies--I am "wordleeness". I'm pretty sure I'm going with science fiction this year. I'll start writng on Monday November 1 and let the words take me where they will go.

    Good luck to you!

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in! I'm excited and nervous.

    ReplyDelete