1. What's the last thing you wrote? What's the first thing you wrote that you still have?
2. Write poetry?
3. Angsty poetry?
"Angsty" sounds a little judgmental to me. Let's say that it ranged from the lyrical to the emotional.
4. Favorite genre of writing?
5. Most annoying character you've ever created?
I'm working on one now, and I just don't think the fictionalized version of this woman will EVER be as annoying as the real thing. Ah, well.
6. Best plot you've ever created?
7. Coolest plot twist you've ever created?
Oh, no. Forget it. No spoilers.
8. How often do you get writer's block?
Writer's block is too glamorous a title: I get stuck a lot. A LOT. I'm working on it.
9. Write fan fiction?
Nah. I've never had the urge to use other people's characters.
10. Do you type or write by hand?
11. Do you save everything you write?
Again, see #1. Yes. I don't know where it all is, but unless it was on a corrupted disk or a crashed hard drive, I still have it somewhere.
12. Do you ever go back to an idea after you've abandoned it?
I never officially abandon ideas, I simply set them aside until they're ready. So, yes.
13. What's your favorite thing you've ever written?
14. What's everyone else's favorite story that you've written?
15. Ever written romance or angsty teen drama?
16. What's your favorite setting for your characters?
Places in which I have lived or traveled. I don't like to make up settings.
17. How many writing projects are you working on right now?
Two. No, wait, three. Yes, three.
18. Have you ever won an award for your writing?
I think I won some stuff in high school/college. Nothing noteworthy.
19. What are your five favorite words?
20. What character have you created that is most like yourself?
All my characters are me... and none of them are me. Dani and I would hit it off, for sure.
21. Where do you get ideas for your characters?
Life. Plenty of my characters are composites of real people. The only person I've ever tried to fictionalize in her entirety is that really annoying one mentioned in #5, and it's not working, so I obviously need to mix it up a little, get some other personalities in there as well.
22. Do you ever write based on your dreams?
No. Well, maybe imagery makes it in, but not plot.
23. Do you favor [books with] happy endings?
24. Are you concerned with spelling and grammar as you write?
Yes. YES. Spelling and grammar matter. Punctuation matters. Including during the first draft. I think I may have missed my calling as a copyeditor...
25. Does music help you write?
No, I usually find it distracting.
26. Quote something you've written. Whatever pops into your head.