Man, it's hard to get blogging again after an absence. Who knew?
So, to recap my various relationships with the powers-that-be in publishing:
- I am engaged to The Rejectionist. (My status as fiancée was made public in January.)
- I am having a torrid affair with Sierra Godfrey. (I forget when that started... she'll confirm it, though. WE HAVE NOTHING TO BE ASHAMED OF.)
- I may have convinced Sean Ferrell to be my literary nemesis. (SEAAAAAAAAN!!!) People will write about our literary feuds and keep our backlists from going out of print... it's going to be EPIC.
To recap my querying status:
- Still waitin' on four agents who've got the full. I sent my first query out almost one year ago, on April 15, 2009. Anyone up for a betting pool on when I'll get my answers? Put your guesses in the comments, I'll totally give a prize to whoever comes closest.
To recap my progress on my many New Year's Resolutions:
- Enjoying time with daughter? Check!
- Writing more? Check!
- Eating better? Usually!
- Working out more? Uh...
Okay, my husband's out of town this week, which means the house is a disaster and I haven't showered since he left. I should probably go do something about my hair...
HAVE YOU A LITERARY SPOUSE, BFF, OR NEMESIS? Or are you merely harboring unrequited adorations? I've already admitted to my creative crush on John Irving. You can tell me.