Award #2. Awwww, yeah.
Thanks to Melody of Newly Minted Mrs. for the honor! Melody and I know each other from a chat room (of sorts), and I'm SO glad she's blogging now.
So, in accordance with the rules of the award, here are 10 "insightful truths" about myself:
- I am a bird person, but if asked to pick between cat and dog, I will pick dog.
- I have been terrified of injections/needles ever since a traumatic series of allergy tests at age 9 or so. I have had dental work done without anesthesia because I'm more scared of needles than I am of drills.
- On the other hand, I have no fear of heights. My husband may never forgive me for insisting on bungee-jumping during our honeymoon. (It was awesome. I would do it again in a heartbeat.)
- At some point in every law job I've ever had, someone has said, "since you used to act, you should be great in the courtroom!" Um, acting is scripted. I have no stage fright, but that doesn't mean I magically know how to cross-examine a witness in a securities or IP case without hours of practice.
- Favorite books: The Cider House Rules by John Irving, and How To Be Good by Nick Hornby. Favorite plays: The Heidi Chronicles by Wendy Wasserstein, and Burn This by Lanford Wilson. Favorite short stories: The Short Happy Life of Francis MacComber by Ernest Hemingway, and Pop Art by Joe Hill.
- Evidence of being a late bloomer: I'm 35, and I still I don't know how to drive and have never had a driver's license. I also didn't get my ears pierced until I was 23.
- If I could have one magic talent, it would be the ability to understand and speak every language in the world. Or at the very least, French, Japanese, and Greek.
- I have very little ability to filter for privacy. I will never be a woman of mystery. I kind of just... share.
- Similarly, I have very little filtering for people of authority. I'm not inappropriately casual, but it honestly has never occurred to me to hide what I think about something just because I'm talking to my boss.
- I'm worried these aren't "insightful" enough.