Thank you most kindly to Jeannie Campbell for this award! Man, though, it kills me that this is spelled "kreativ." I'm hoping it's intentionally ironic or something...
According to the rules, I should list 7 things about myself that people might find interesting, and then pass it on... but, I'm going to be creative and mix it up a little (surely you admit the inventors of the award were asking for this). In honor of Jeannie's other blog, The Character Therapist, where authors are encouraged to learn more about their own characters, and are often invited to comment in the voice of those characters, I'm going to post 7 things about the main character of my current novel, In Name Only (working title) that future readers might find interesting.
- Dani Kobayashi has no middle name.
- She makes handmade paper from scratch, using base materials like old blue jeans and junk mail.
- Her first name means "my judge."
- She's a lefty. (Hmm. I don't think that's in the novel, actually...)
- When she sees a formerly classic name that has modified to be more trendy or "unique" -- say, with the addition of several extraneous Ys -- she disdains that name as being "kre8iv."
- Like the protagonist of so many chick lit novels, Dani has a gay best friend... actually, two. And they're women, not men.
- Unlike the protagonist of so many chick lit novels, Dani wears shoes that are never described by their brand name. Or described at all, really. Although at least one pair is seriously fugly.